Chinese Master Artist Xu Bangda Dies Aged 102 – artmarketblog.com
Mr. Xu Bangda passed away on Feb 23,2012 at 102 years old. Xu Bangda was born on July 7 in 1911, in Shanghai. He was an honorary member of Chinese Writers Association, the National Heritage Commission to identify Standing Committee, a famous painting and calligraphy Painter.
The auction record for a work by the artist is RMB 9,775,000 (GBP 977,641.38) achieved by Poly Auction group in June 2011 with the work “IMITATING YUAN DYNASTY ZHANGWO?S PAINTING OF NINE SONGS FROM SONG SO FCHU”. Sold as part of their 2011 Spring Auction: An Important Selection Of Xu Bangda?S Works And His Centennial Collection, the painting went well beyond the top estimate of RMB2,800,000 – 3,800,000.
4635 IMITATING YUAN DYNASTY ZHANGWO?S PAINTING OF NINE SONGS FROM SONG SO FCHU hand scroll ink on paper
Author? XU BANGDA
Price? RMB 9,775,000
Poly international Auction Co.,Ltd.
**Nicholas Forrest is an art market analyst, art critic and journalist based in Sydney, Australia. He is the founder of http://www.artmarketblog.com, writes the art column for the magazine Antiques and Collectibles for Pleasure and Profit and contributes to many other publications.
- Exposing the Chinese Art Market With 6 Questions Pt. 1 – artmarketblog.com
- An Art Market Bubble Chinese Style Pt. 3 ? artmarketblog.com
- Cautious Optimism at Chinese Art Auctions – artmarketblog.com
- Exposing the Chinese Art Market With 6 Questions Pt. 3 ? artmarketblog.com
- Exposing the Chinese Art Market With 6 Questions Pt. 2 ? artmarketblog.com